Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Texture

As I tweeted and posted on facebook, I wanted to make a red velvet cake.
So, in psuedo-honor of my little sister (who lives out of state)’s 24th birthday, I made said cake this Sunday. 
I forgot to take pictures once we’d cut into it, but the cake came out a beautiful rich red color in perfect contrast to the cream cheese frosting, which I actually had a little bit of drama making. 
The cream cheese I had was frozen. Dun dun dunnnn…
I left it out all morning to thaw and by 3pm when I was ready to make the frosting, it was still a block of ice. *sad face* I tried to make the frosting with it anyway. It tasted okay, I guess, but too sweet and not very cream cheesy, plus it had the weird kinda grainy frozen cheese texture. 
I ended up adding an entire package of cream cheese to the mix to save it (and it worked! hooray!), but I had planned on making a whole new batch of frosting if it didn’t work. 
Then I had some fun playing with trendy textures to make the cake a little more festive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment