Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Strawberry Short-cupcakes

Since I made the graduation cake a few weeks before with strawberries and fresh whipped cream, I’d been wanting to turn it into a cupcake.
I’d never filled cupcakes before, so I was a little scared it wouldn’t turn out well, but I used an inspirational recipe for the “mash” originally used in a Strawberry Cream Cake as a jumping off point and it ended up working really well. I thought it would be too liquidy and make the cupcakes soggy, but surprisingly, it stayed put! Hooray!
We had a little drama with the whipped cream. The heavy whipping cream carton was stamped to sell by 7.25.11…but there was no way that stuff was still safe to consume. It started to come out of the carton in a huge rancid smelling glob. It was quickly tossed and I was without the ingredients to make whipped cream. :(
It was easy peasy to run out to the store and get replacement cream, but I am still befuddled as to how the original cream went bad so quickly.

I want to eat this right now

No comments:

Post a Comment