Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hillary's Graduation

Shortly after creating the facebook page for my cakes, I got a message from a family friend that their daughter was graduating with her Master’s from USC and they would like if I made her a white cake with fresh whipped cream and strawberries. 
Now, My husband is a little stumped as to how I went so long without making my own fresh whipped cream, especially since it was pretty much amazing and the easiest thing to make ever, but this was my first time and I was a little scared. 
In a fit of insanity, I also thought it would be a great idea to ice the entire cake with whipped cream and only used buttercream for the decoration. While this way tastes fantastic, buttercream doesn’t like to stick to whipped cream, so the freezer became my best friend while making this cake. It was in and out of the freezer every time I had to make a change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment