Monday, October 29, 2012

Crystal & David's Engagement Cake; Styled Shoot

The beautiful people in these photos are Crystal and David.

I met Crystal through a mutual friend at a party a thousand years ago. With another friend, we escaped the party (because we knew no one) and ran across the street to get ice cream sandwiches.


Seven years later, Crystal is a makeup artist. She's been doing makeup for weddings and engagement parties, (she even did my spray tan for my wedding) and partnering with other vendors to put together styled shoots.

I was so happy when she contacted me to make a cake for a styled engagement shoot with her fiance, David.

These photos are just a taste of what photographer, Tito Vilela, captured during their shoot last month.

Though it's small, I love seeing professional photos of my cakes. I wanted to keep it simple for this cake - black on white with a monogram and some subtle detail work.

I am really pleased with how it came out.





Huge thank you to Crystal for putting this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment